According to Maritime Professional Training there are many reasons why you would want to get or renew a Captain’s License:
- To work as a paid captain or mate
- To use your boat for charter
- To learn or refresh your skills in navigation, chart plotting, rules of the road, safety & regulations, buoyage systems, basic weather, basic stability, and much more!
- To earn a credential that shows your experience and may even reduce insurance costs
- To improve your resume if you want to get a job on a bigger boat
One of the requirements of getting or renewing the license is to have a drug screen. Fortunately Medical Express offers Captain’s License Drug Testing, Boat License Drug Testing, and Coast Guard Drug Testing. We only use certified Medical Review Officer (MRO) to review your results and SAMHSA accredited labs. Medical Express also completes the required paperwork then delivers your results securely within days of drug tests being completed.